A quick and healthy breakfast option
1 cup oats
1 cup wheat flour (or ½ wheat and ½ white)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ cup vegetable oil/margarine
¼ cup brown sugar
1 large egg beaten
½ cup resins or chopped apples
1 cup buttermilk
½ tsp vanilla/cinnamon pwd
- Combine oats and milk. Let stand for 30 mts.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir oil, sugar and egg in oats.
- Blend well.
- Stir in flour and resins/apple bits.
- Divide into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool in the tray for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.