This recipe is tried and tested umpteen times and is a big favorite with my family!
Follow these simple steps and you just can not go wrong!
½ cup (125 gms) butter or margarine
1tsp vanilla essence
½ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1½ cups flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
250 gms semi-sweet chocolate morsels
½ cup (60 gms) chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream together butter or margarine, vanilla and sugars. Add egg and beat well.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate bits and nuts.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto a greased cookie tray. You can also roll the dough into small balls and then after placing them on tray, press down lightly.
- Bake at 190 C (375 F) for about 10 minutes.